APPY FEST 2019 – May 4 & 5
APPY FEST is a free, family-friendly spring festival celebrating the healthy, happy Wicomico Appaloosas, bringing them to a place where prospective owners can meet them, fall in love, and adopt them.
APPY FEST includes a Trainers’ Competition, Horse Adoptions, Equine Demonstrations, plus shopping, food, face-painting, and PONY RIDES. So come out to the show May 4-5 and see the horses, shop, and enjoy the lovely spring weather.
Adopt an Appy!
There are over 20 horses and foals available for adoption from Last Chance Animal Rescue of various ages, sexes, and level of training. Review the available horses at PetFinder and download and submit an adoption form.
- See all the available Wicomico horses from Last Chance Animal Rescue
- Download and fill out the adoption form (PDF)
Show Entry Links
We are looking for volunteers in advance of the show and for setup, teardown, and running all activities during the show – signup today and join the fun!
- Parking control
- Stabling crew
- Barn night check
- Visitor check-in
- Horse trailer check-in
- Horse wrangler
- P.A. announcer
- Photographers / Videographers
- VIP concierge
- Set-up / tear-down
- Marketing / publicity
- Ring crew
- Derby party setup & support
Please signup today!
Are you a trainer or affiliated with a rescue? There are still horses left who are yet to be placed with a trainer and it’s not too late to claim your Appy to compete in APPY FEST. Visit the trainer’s challenge page for the application form, trainer’s contract, show entry form, and class descriptions.
The Hilton Garden Inn offers discounted rates for APPY FEST attendees. Mention Last Chance Animal Rescue when making your reservations.
Hilton Garden Inn – Waldorf
Block rate: $119.00 / night
Regular rate: $143.00 / night
10385 O’Donnell Place, Waldorf, Maryland, 20603
Regular rate: $154.00
3020 Technology Place, Waldorf, MD 20601
Courtyard by Marriott
Regular rate: $159.00
3145 Crain Hwy, Waldorf, MD 20603
APPY FEST provides a unique opportunity to showcase your merchandise and services at a family-friendly event with up to 1,000 spectators and participants. We invite vendors to participate in APPY FEST by displaying handmade crafts, art work, toys, gifts, jewelry, equestrian apparel and equipment for sale, along with local businesses, services and associations. Please note: this is an outdoor venue.
Booth Options & Pricing:
- Vendor application form
- 10′ x 10′ booth area (vendor provides all canopies, tables and displays) plus approximately 8′ x 10′ foot area in front of the booth to display merchandise. Cost: $25/day, $40 for the weekend*
- 10′ x 20′ booth area (vendor provides all canopies, tables and displays) plus approximately 8′ x 20′ foot area in front of the booth to display merchandise. Cost: $50/day, $75 for the weekend*
- Have something different in mind? Contact us.
- Free 10’x10′ booth space for registered 501(c)(3) charities who provide proof of IRS tax exemption
Maryland Fund For Horses welcomes Business Sponsors to APPY FEST.
We want to connect you with our audience and increase brand awareness of your goods and services.
Let’s talk about how we can customize a sponsorship specifically for you to maximize your impression and interaction with APPY FEST attendees.